Compressed gum allows for a wide variety of different product textures:
- Texture and residual volume can be readily adjusted
- The patented combination of the gum base and mint layer creates a novel effect in the mouth of an initial crunchy texture that does not compromise elasticity, and that furthermore allows for a stronger flavour boost than in ordinary chewing gum
- The combination of two gum layers offers a very soft and pleasant chew
- The initial crunchy sensation is obtained from the mint layer, which compacts to a hard crunchy sweetener layer on compression. This provides a crunchiness without crumbling, unlike many other compressed gum types
- The duration of the initial crunchy sensation lasts for about 10 seconds; after this, the gum acquires a smooth, cohesive chewing gum texture. The duration of the initial crunchy sensation depends on the thickness of the second layer, with thicker layers providing a longer crunchy sensation.
- The texture and mouthfeel can be adjusted anywhere between a bubble-gum texture to the familiar soft and pleasant chewing gum texture